Momentum invites you to join the Newly Launched Adventure Tourism Innovative Partnerships. The world is changing, fast! Technology from Interactive/Responsive Wearable Devices to Drones and Augmented Virtual Reality may not be familiar to our adventure businesses just yet – but they will be. They present huge opportunities to capture the imagination and spending power of wide audiences. But most of us struggle to understand how we can take advantage of this new dimension technology. This is at the heart of our new project and we want to share it with you.
60% of Irish adults are obese or overweight and this worrying figure will set the scene for a major food innovation conference this week in Drumshanbo which Momentum in delighted to be a part of. The networking and showcase event on October 14th in Lough Allen Hotel, Drumshanbo will look at tackling creative ways to produce, market and distribute healthy food, while meeting like-minded entrepreneurs and buyers, and of course, sampling some of the innovative and healthy foods on offer in the region.
The overall aim of the healthy food initiative is to secure business and tourism opportunities for the future economy of the area, while supporting local enterprise diversity and innovation. Food producers attending are interested in innovating healthier food ranges by either modifying their existing ranges or developing new products. Companies attending range from from Aurivo’s Connacht Gold Low Fat Butter and For Goodness Shakes range to Lakeland Dairy who supply all of the UK milk for schools programme with a low sugar milk drink to smaller artisan producers. We look forward to meeting with lots of our curennt and past food clients many of whom are already excelling in the area of product innovation and health and wellness trend including Jinny’s Bakery, The Cheese Hub, and recent Blas na HEireann winners Chef Sham Sauces, Roll it Pastry and Waldron Meats
Supported our Eu funded Erasmus+ Nourish EU project, which stimulates the development of healthy and innovative food regions, the Upper Erne Shannon Erne Future Economies, the Local Enterprise Offices of the region and Aurivo, the leading food co-operative embarking on innovative healthy food initiatives, the conference is free to attendee for food producers and buyers and includes a Spotlight on Distribution, Learning from Others, and focus on Financing Innovation. The end of programme reception sees the launch of Nourish EU’s ‘Irish Healthy Food Partnership Toolkit’, an Erasmus + initiative by the Chief Executive of Leitrim County Council, Frank Curran.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Nourish EU, Local Enterprise Office and Aurivo Ireland, there’s no fee payable to attend the event – just book online at www.nourisheu.com/booking to secure your place and start growing profits from healthy food!
The search for All Ireland hurling final tickets has begun (feel free to get in touch with any offers!). So in addition to that September Sunday, thanks to the Enterprise Ireland Team West Region, we can share funding opportunity information and deadlines with you in addition to some events that have caught our interest.
- New women entrepreneurs – ACORNS: Accelerating the Creation Of Rural Nascent Start-ups is a new programme designed specifically for early stage female entrepreneurs living outside the administrative boundaries of the main 5 cities in Ireland . Programme attached. Application deadline is Friday 11th September. www.acorns.ie
- Ulster Bank Business Achievers Awards 2015 open for applications until Friday 25th September. www.businessachieversaward.com Last year, www.thefoodhub.com was a national winner!
- Competitive Feasibility Fund Agri Business closes 8th September – Details here
- Competitive Feasibility Fund for the West Region – Details to be announced in September
- Enterprise Ireland Innovation Vouchers closes 23 Sep www.innovationvouchers.ie
- Competitive Start Fund for International Entrepreneurs closes 9 Sep – Details here
- Manufacturing & Agricultural Competitive Start Fund closes 30 Sep – Details here
- ICT and Industrial Sectors Competitive Start Fund closes 30 Sep – Details here
- Female Competitive Start Fund opens 11 November, closes 25 Nov – Further details will be available here
- 25 Aug OMiG Blended Marketing, Blended Learning, Blended Networking Seminar, Galway. Details here
- 27 Aug ‘The Power of the Pitch’ workshop for regional startups at Bank of Ireland’s Workbench , Mainguard St., Galway. Workshop & Presenter Details attached. No cost to participate.
- 16 Sep InterTradeIreland Funding for Growth Advisory Clinic (private 1-1s), Grant Thornton Offices, Galway – Details here
- 18 Sep Galway Chamber Venture West, International VC Conference, Bailey Allen Hall,NUI Galway www.venturewest.ie
- 5-10 Oct Startup Gathering Week. Contact Galway Co-ordinator email@example.com if you would like to get involved. www.startupireland.ie/startupgathering
- 21-22 Oct National Women’s Enterprise Day, Galway www.nwed.ie
- 18-19 Nov Meet West, Hodson Bay Hotel, Roscommon www.meetwest.ie
And seriously, don’t forget about those tickets!