Today when SMEs face problems related to start up, innovation & growth, they find help in an ever-evolving, well financed and proactive ecosystem of intermediary organisations: chambers of commerce, enterprise support offices in local authorities, regional economic development agencies, etc. Yet the vast majority of these organisations do not currently provide guidance and /or training to SMEs on subject of apprenticeships.
Apprenticeship Alliances.eu seeks to address this situation by building the capacity of intermediary bodies to develop and operate support structures which will facilitate SMEs, especially small and micro enterprise, to become apprentice employers.
The project will be delivered by 9 partners from 7 countries in which dual system apprenticeships are new or subject to recent reform.
- Establish 6 Regional Apprenticeship Alliances– involving 80+ intermediaries, Vet providers and wider stakeholders
- Create a Regional Alliance Toolkit – to share the findings and successes of the project and enable other intermediaries/stakeholders to replicate the model at regional, national or EU level
- Produce and disseminate information resources, a teaching course, and practical tools –which make the business case for SME to become involved in apprenticeships and provide step by step guides.
- Set-up One-Stop-Shops- At intermediaries to inform SMEs on the opportunities of apprenticeships
- Ensure the long-term exploitation – of the projects’ results, information and teaching resources