EPIC is an EU Erasmus+ project which aims to increase the availability and quality of entrepreneurship education for young people from all backgrounds in order to combat the unacceptably high levels of unemployment which many countries face. How? By focusing on something young people are passionate about – Pop Culture!
Our project will directly increase the availability and quality of entrepreneurship education for young people from all backgrounds by developing resources which:
- explain the value of pop culture as a medium for inclusive entrepreneurship education
- include learning activities and suggested content to deliver a pop culture entrepreneurship development programmes
- guide young people to become entrepreneurs and start up their own pop culture businesses
- provide opportunities for sharing and peer-reviewing entrepreneurial ideas within their own group and with young people across Europe
- youth educators will be equipped with the resources and skills to effectively teach entrepreneurship via pop culture
- youth workers will acquire new competences, gain knowledge of emerging models of entrepreneurship education and develop new skills in non-formal education to help them better work with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds
- young people benefiting from the entrepreneurial education will receive high-quality early-stage entrepreneurship education. They will develop a more entrepreneurial mind site alongside skills such as spotting opportunities, valuing ideas, planning and management. This will consolidate their cultural awareness and identity through the exploration of pop culture, improve intercultural communication, improving their digital skills as appropriate for learning. In the short term, this will improve their self-esteem and skills for employability.
Find out more about the project on the website.