Momentum was commissioned by Mayo County Enterprise Board to deliver a training programme March – July 2012 entitled Developing a Craft Network in Co. Mayo.
This series of 8 workshops was successful in
- Network formation training and facilitation in the formation and operations of an industry led craft network for Mayo craft and design practitioners
- Development of network management skills to enable the group reach decisions, share ideas, solve problems, manage resources and opinions, or carry out a task as part of a craft network
- Acquire the skills to develop a network craft brand, marketing tools and PR campaigns to raise the awareness of the Mayo craft sector.
- Advance action planning skills – participants will learn the skills to devise a marketing and events plan
- Quality Assurance – training to embed a spirit and commitment to quality in the network as a core principle.
Momentum was also appointed as Craft Development Specialist with South Mayo Development programme to provide tailored training to bring the network to the next level which included:
- Product Development and Packaging Training
- Graphic Design – Developing the message and the Craftworks Mayo brand identity
- Copywriting – Development of content for web pages, brochures and newsletters
- PR – Development of a dynamic PR programme and campaign used to enable the launch an annual PR calendar
- Harnessing the Power of Digital Marketing –A fantastic low cost marketing tool for craft networks, this training consisted of :
Facebook Beginner ‘one to ones’
Advanced Facebook Workshops
- Co-ordination of the network’s official launch event – the MAYO WINTER EXPO 16th and 17th November 2012 which included a two day selling opportunity/showcase opportunity for all Craftworks Mayo members
- Momentum assisted Craftworks Mayo in their applications to secure grant support from a number of avenues which was crucial to the network moving forward. Funding was secured from a number of different bodies including LEADER programme from the South West Development Company, Mayo CEB, Crafts Council of Ireland and Mayo County Council.
Fine out more about Craftworks Mayo – visit their website www.craftworksmayo.ie