Roscommon Creative Craft Training Project
In 2013, Momentum was awarded the tender for the Roscommon Creative Craft Training Project on behalf of Roscommon LEADER Partnership. A programme designed to act as a creative development and training programme to stimulate increased economic activity in Roscommon’s emerging craft and creative sectors. There were several phases to this project.
Craft Network Formation
- Provide the skills necessary to sector participants in relation to realising the objective of establishing a formal Roscommon Creative Craft network.
- Output – One formal County Roscommon Creative Craft Network established – Crafted in Roscommon
Sector Specific Training Programmes
Design and delivery of bespoke sector specific training programme in the following specialisms.
- Graphic Design – practical training in an integrated approach to consistent graphic design across the Roscommon Creative Craft network. Point of sales materials, online and offline communications and brand applicability across the network.
- Copywriting – Up-skill Roscommon Creative Craft network members in the art of developing copy for use throughout their marketing materials and activities.
- Public Relations – Up-skill Roscommon Creative Craft network members to develop and implement innovative PR campaigns. Assistance in the development of a PR strategy, identification of key media and management of media events including launches etc.
- Digital Marketing – Introduction of the power of digital marketing for the crafts sector, evaluate current activity in this space, up skill participants in the use of relevant digital media tools, develop an effective digital media strategy and assist in practical implementation of some key digital marketing tools.
- Up-skill participants in a collective business plan for the establishment of a shared use work space in the Harrington Building, located on the grounds of King House which is owned by Roscommon County Council.
- One business plan developed relating to securing funding for the development of a Creative Craft Connector in County Roscommon.