Feasibility study, business plan & funding applications for the establishment of The Food Hub in Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim
The Food Hub is a unique strategic infrastructure and training resource dedicated to the food sector. The project commenced in 2004 in the transformation of a dilapidated food production facility (26,000 sq ft), which at one point employed 150 people, into
- A community of 14 independent workspace units for food companies – varying sizes for incubation & growth orientated companies
- Ireland’s first shared use/time share manufacturing kitchen.
This is an important first step for emerging food companies who use it to test their product and market prior to leasing an incubation unit. It operates on the basis of time-share access to fully equipped production facilities giving aspiring food entrepreneurs the opportunity to start and expand specialty food and catering businesses without the prohibitive cost of building their own commercial kitchen.
Online and Offline Marketing
- Development of a comprehensive marketing plan for the hub
- Redevelopment of www.thefoodhub.com in 2015 and development of a new e-learning suite complete with online courses for businesses in the food sector. New website showcases the Food Hub tenants who are the heart and soul of the premises.
- Momentum Consulting has secured public funding of €1.8 million for the project across 12 distinct funding applications. The project now employs 38 people other 30 other jobs in the pipeline.
Food Stimulus Training Programme
- Design and delivery of a very successful food stimulus programme to support emerging and early days food businesses in The Food Hub